|1 - 4||5 - 39||40 - 199||200+|
• Regionally formulated
• For mature horses
• Feed with hay and/or pasture to make a complete ration
COUNTRY ACRES® HORSE FEED is regionally formulated to provide nutrition for mature horses. It may be fed with hay and/or pasture to make a complete ration. Country Acres® horse feed comes as a sweet or pelleted feed in various protein levels. Consult with your Purina Mills® dealer for the feed form and protein level that is available in your area.
(Sweet 12 is the form and protein level for the southern Oregon region.)
Crude Protein (min), 12.00%
Crude Fat (min), 2.50%
Crude Fiber (max), 15.00%
Calcium (Ca) (min), 0.60%
Calcium (Ca) (max), 0100%
Phosphorus (min), 0.40%
Copper (min), 20 ppm
Selenium (min), 0.60 ppm
Zinc (min), 100 ppm
Vitamin A (min), 3000 IU/lb
RECOMMENDED FEEDING RATES:
Feed with hay and/or pasture to make a complete ration for horses. Feed mature horses at the rate of ½ to 1 pound per 100 pounds of body weight, along with 1 to 1½ pounds of hay or equivalent pasture per 100 pounds of body weight daily.
Monitor your horse’s body condition closely and adjust intake accordingly. The feeding rate for working horses may need to be gradually increased to maintain body condition. Any changes to the diet should be made with the following considerations.
1. Do not feed free choice.
2. Never feed less than 1% of the horse’s body weight in good quality roughage.
3. Changes in the rate of consumption or type of feed should be made slowly over a period of
7 to 10 days and should not exceed one pound per day.
4. Feed at least twice daily a minimum of ten hours apart.
5. Allow your horse to properly recover from exercise and rehydrate before feeding.
6. Monitor your horse’s condition closely and contact your veterinarian if problems arise.
7. Store feed in a dry, well ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy, insect-infested feed, or feed contaminated by rodent droppings.
8. Always provide clean fresh water.
9. Provide your horse with access to salt.
10. Maintain a regular deworming program.
11. Have your horse's teeth examined annually.
12 Consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
Made in USA - Another GRANGE CO-OP item we're proud to say is made the U.S.A.
Organic - Certified organic by the Oregon State Department of Agriculture.
Rogue - This product is Reliable, Originates in the U.S.A., is 100% Guaranteed, has Uncompromising quality, and meets the Grange Co-op standard of Excellence. Rogue Brand Advantage
Sale - Additional, limited time savings below GRANGE CO-OP.COM's everyday low prices!
New - A recent addition to the GRANGECOOP.COM product lineup!
We currently have of this item in stock. If you continue, will be refunded.
Receive specials, online only deals, Grange Co-op sale notifications and more right to your inbox. Sign Up Now.